Reclaim the tops.
We can identify two primary problems with installing clip-on
bars on our road bikes. First, when fitting them on standard road drop bars for
a triathlon or time trial, we usually have to install a straight seatpost or
slam the saddle forward to compensate for the extensions being further forward.
Second, the armrests usually cover the tops of the bar, leading to the dreaded
hands on the pad technique on steeper climbs. The Airstryke V2 Aluminum Clip-on
Aerobars take care of the second issue by including Profile Design's patented
Flip-Up brackets, which use springs to keep the armrests elevated while you're
not resting on them. This preserves access to your drop bar's top or the entire
base bar without sacrificing the benefits of clip-on extensions when it's time
to get aero. As for the cockpit adjustments, we recommend investing in a second
saddle/seatpost combo if it isn't a proprietary design and you'll have a quick
as an easy dedicated setup for triathlons, time trials, and weekend omniums.
- Multi-position clip-on aero bars for 31.8 and 26.0mm bars
- 6061-T6 aluminum construction keeps things light and strong
- EVA foam pads keep you comfortable while going fast
- Adjustable design allows you to dial in fit and comfort
- Pads on armrests are removable to wash and replace