All in one place.
Sometimes, we find that starting from scratch is the most direct route to efficiency. Sure, Profile Design has provided the tools to build up its Aero HC System from individual pieces, but if you need the most efficient triathlon hydration right now, you simply can't beat the Aero HC.
This system's accompanying bottle features a BPA-free plastic construction and about every aerodynamic trick in the book. You'll notice that the nose of the bottle is rounded like a bullet in order to create a minimal drag profile. Along these lines, Profile Design also created a shrouded straw mount, and even the refilling flip cap features an aerodynamic design.
To secure the system, Profile's bracket mounts to your extension bars, leaving room for you to place your bottle between the extensions. This means that you're able to remain tucked over the extensions while hydrating, so you're never forced to either increase your profile or sacrifice control of the bike. Additionally, the bracket features an adjustable width of 140mm, and the length of the bracket and computer mount are also independently adjustable. That's right, we said computer mount. Profile incorporated a mount near the aft portion of the bottle, keeping your computer shielded from airflow. Basically, this system is a portable command center for speed.
The Profile Design Aero HC System is available in the color Black and in one size. Please note that this system is also compatible with Profile's Basebar Bracket attachment, and that it has a 80-120mm width from center-to-center. Additionally, the bottle is BPA-free, and it has a 28oz (828mL) capacity.
- Bullet-shaped BPA-free bottle (28oz)
- Shrouded straw mount
- Mounts to your extension bars
- Adjustable width of up to 140mm
- Integrated computer mount
View more Water Bottles & Cages
Reviews & Community
OK, but could be better.
Although generally I like it, it has two problems for me.
1. The computer mount was WAY too far back to be of any use. Elsewhere I read that someone had reversed the mount. Not only does that negate the aerodynamics of the bottle, it STILL didn't work for me. I finally solved this problem by purchasing a universal computer mount from Profile Design, so now the Garmin sits just below the handgrips. Aside from the nosecone obscuring part of the bottom of my Edge 1000, I can now see my stats without getting out of aero position.
2. Having the straw at the very back means I have to tuck my chin way down to drink from it. This gave me TMJ-like symptoms during the ride and a sore neck the next day. I'm still working on a solution for this. For now I have to use my hand to bend the straw while I drink. Not acceptable. I wish there was a straw like the kids flexi-straws so I could bend the straw to the position I need.
Aero hydration that works!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Couldn't be happier with this set up. Install is easy and when you want it off for the TT's it takes about 10 seconds. My favorite features are the stiff straw that doesn't flop all over the place, the easy refill opening on top, and the option to be able to just throw a regular water bottle into the holder for training. A lot of people complain about the computer mount but I actually like it. You do have to lean back to see it but it allows you to focus better and just let the miles roll by!! I highly recommend this for races from sprint all the way up to ironman! Backcounty is the place to order from...free shipping and a great return policy!
Aero hydration that works!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Backcountry did a great job delivering the Profiel Design Areo HC quickly. Set up was relatively easy. I had to take the watch holder off so I could fit it in my set up as I have older Profile bars which are under the base bar. This led to some initial set up issues.
I encourage someone with a modern tri-base bar set up to use this product. Refilling is easy, and the large mouth/screw off top design supports putting in ice chips and after use cleaning.