1/Twenty Road Handlebar
If you prefer your bars with a slight upward rotation, then rest assured that you're not alone. Rotating the bars up can level the slope from flats to hoods, but it does often come at the expense of steep drops that aren't as stable as they would be if the bars were rotated forward. The short reach and generous drop of the 1/Twenty Road Handlebar address this by using Profile Design's Drop Reach Variable (Drive) Metric in order to keep the hood slope level, the bar ends parallel to the ground, and the sweet spot in the drops accessible, stable, and — most importantly — powerful.
The 1/Twenty of the bar's title designates its Drive Variable of 120mm. This size entails a 75mm reach with a 137mm drop, dimensions that we're used to seeing either on heavily shaped ergo bars (the shallow reach) or huge, sweeping rounded bars (the generous drop). The 1/Twenty's Drive Metric is Profile's medium option, meant for riders with Goldilocks palms (not too big; not too small) to ensure that the forward position of the drops provides a secure platform during sprints that's ideally sized for the majority of cyclists.
- Double-butted 6061-T6 aluminum construction is light, strong, and stiff
- Refined drop and reach measurements suit riders who seeking an aggressive position
- Consistent 31.8mm diameter across the top provides a wide array of hand positions
- Seamless transition from bar to shifter ensures long ride comfort
- A 4-degree flare at the drops gives the wrists room while sprinting
- 120mm clamp area is compatible with clip-on aerobars