Why We Like The VPD Chest System
When you've gained enough confidence to send the gaps and ride the berms, go big with the POC VPD Chest System to protect your body's internal components as you carve your favorite singletrack. Though we like to imagine VPD stands for "Velocity-Induced Protection Device," it actually signifies Visco-Elastic Polymer Dough—a far more technical acronym used to describe the mechanical properties of the chest guard. In essence, the VPD Chest System remains flexible as you move on the bike, but becomes hard upon impact to cushion the blow. When combined with the VPD System Back, POC's protective ensemble ensures you're fully covered across your chest and back if things go haywire. Many torso guards are restrictive and disrupt the flow of air, but this guard is minimal to its core and only provides coverage where it counts to maintain freedom of movement and breathability.
- A supportive chest piece for protection on the trail
- Visco-elastic polymer dough (VPD) warms and shapes with the body
- VPD hardens upon impact to absorb shock for superior protection
- Shoulder straps eliminate the need for a vest or jacket
- Adjustable buckle system delivers the perfect fit
- Pairs with the VPD System Back (sold separately)