Ventral Air Spin Helmet
Drawing inspiration from both the Octal and Ventral, the POC Ventral Air Spin Helmet blends superior ventilation with optimal aerodynamic performance, giving riders the best features of these two race-proven helmet designs. Factor in the advanced crash protection offered by the fully-wrapped unibody shell, a high-performance EPS foam liner, and the SPIN rotational impact system, and it's easy to see why the Swedish company has already won a prestigious Design and Innovation award for this new helmet.
The Ventral Air Spin features precise ventilation ports and internal channels to control air intake and release at both high and low speeds. This provides a supreme cooling effect over the entire head, making this an ideal helmet for long mountain climbs and riders who prefer a lightweight, highly-ventilated helmet. When it comes to aerodynamic performance, POC used CFD testing to ensure minimal air turbulence and reduced drag. According to their tests, at speeds below 25mph the Ventral Air is comparable to the Ventral in terms of reducing drag. At speeds above 25mph, the Ventral is more effective thanks to a more aero-focused design. That being said, the Ventral Air offers superior cooling to both the Ventral and the Octal, and also features a slimmer, more attractive profile than the Octal.
POC decided to upgrade the Ventral Air Spin's protective properties with their relatively new SPIN rotational impact protection system. This design minimizes the traumatic forces from crashing at an oblique angle by allowing the helmet to rotate independently around your head in the case of an angled crash. Spin pads placed inside the helmet are fixed in place, but exhibit a bit of movement, which gives the helmet a bit of shear in the case of a crash. These pads are made of a silicone-based material on the bottom for extra impact mitigation, lined with traditional foam on top for sweat-wicking comfort.
- Lightweight helmet offering superior ventilation and protection
- Innovative airflow design cools around the entire head
- Helmet shape enhances aerodynamic profile and minimizes drag
- Spin pads reduce rotational forces from an angled impact
- Fully-wrapped unibody shell increases helmet safety & integrity
- EPS foam liner offers low weight and advanced crash protection
- Adjustable retention system on the rear dials in the fit
- Eye garage provides secure storage for sunglasses mid-ride