If you've ever felt that helmet designers placed too much attention on creating models that were too light and too aero for your tastes, then consider the POC Trabec Helmet. It's designed for mountain bikers or anyone who wants greater coverage over the ears and around the back of the head. The goal was to increase safety without sacrificing comfort and performance.
The Trabec fits more like a skateboard helmet, and this way it envelopes more of your skull. The fit can be custom tailored, and since it offers more coverage, the potential for movement when your head strikes the ground is less than smaller helmets with less coverage. Thinking about the way we wreck on trails, there is a greater chance for a variety of trajectory -- forwards, sideways, even backwards. When you get crazy, crazy things happen. So to protect your brain you need to cover your skull.
POC builds the Trabec Helmet as a single layer system. It has a polycarbonate shell that acts as the first defense against impact energy. It spreads the impact across a greater area so that the EPS liner can further absorb and soften the blow and protect your brain. Inside the foam core is an aramid net. Its purpose is to hold the foam together and resist chunking under massive, high speed impacts (like rebar in concrete). It's designed as a multi-impact system, so the helmet can survive more than just a few connections with the terra firma.
POC punches sixteen large vent holes in the shell, so you'll get plenty of airflow on hot days. An adjustable visor also helps on those sunny days to protect your eyes from glare and bright skies. A size adjustment system at the back allows you to snug it down for a perfect and wiggle free fit.
The POC Trabec Helmet is Black/grey and is available in three sizes -- X-Small/Small, Medium/Large, and X-Large/XX-Large. The pads inside are treated with Polygiene. It prevents bacterial growth, is eco-friendly, and is perfectly safe next to your skin. Since the bacteria can't grow on the pads, they'll last longer, require less cleaning, and smell way better.
- Aramid-reinforced EPS core provides protection and greater durability than tradition cycling helmets
- Extended side and rear coverage compared to traditional helmets for more complete head protection
- 16 shaped vents guides air in, and around the helmet for excellent cooling and ventilation
- Easy-to-adjust anatomic fit system holds helmet in place providing long-ride comfort
- Polygiene anti-odor wipe included to prevent a foul smelling helmet
- Adjustable visor helps to keep sun and mud from inhibiting vision
- Aramid net inside EPS foam layer
- Super-tough polycarbonate shell
- 16 vent holes
- Adjustable visor
- Extended protection over typical helmets
- Adjustable fit system