Just in case.
It's good to have the POC Spine VPD Air Backpack Vest slung over your shoulders when you're darting between trees and dropping off imposing boulders on the trail, especially if something were to go horribly wrong. Designed for the aggressive trail rider seeking the lowest profile back protection available, the Spine VPD Air Backpack Vest protects you from nasty spills on the trail without the rigidity or excess weight of burlier options.
The Spine VPD Air Backpack Vest is certified to EN 1621-2 level 1 standards. Basically, this means it meets European standards for impacts less than 18 kN (kilo-newtons) of force. Although this certification standard is lower than what you'll find with some rigid armor, it's still substantial enough to protect your spine and back from harmful blows on rugged trail surfaces. Moreover, the backpack vest actually functions as useful storage on the trail, with dedicated pockets for your hydration reservoir (up to three liters), smartphone, multi-tool, and energy bar.
- Low-profile back protection for aggressive trail riders
- Breathable back protector and mesh straps for ventilation
- Meets EN 1621-2 level 1 standards for impacts less than 18 kN
- Dedicated storage and routing for hydration reservoirs up to 3L
- Pockets for smartphone, multi-tool, and small snacks
- Twin-strap closure for security without restriction
- Item #POC00B8
- water/dirt-resistant fabric, ventilated back protector
- twin-strap closure system
- Protection Area
- EN 1621-2 level 1
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 6.2oz