Pushing the limits of the Octal.
XC racers have long been known to adopt road helmets into their rides, with the lightweight feel, and total breathability, we can't blame them. However, road helmets prove to have one fault on the trail, and that's coverage, so POC tweaked the design just enough on the Octal with the Octal X Helmet to give you the lightweight feel you love, but a little more coverage for the protection you need when you're booking it through rolling miles of singletrack at top speeds.
As with the road version, the Octal X boasts extended coverage over the back of the head and at the temples for added protection no matter what surface you're riding on. True to its dirt-focused intention, the Octal X's shell extends to cover more of the liner foam than the Octal, which improves overall durability against errant trail debris without sacrificing lightweight functionality. It is still equipped with large vents to keep you feeling cool when you're pushing it up steep switchbacks. The vents also double for holding your shades after the ride is finished and you're enjoying your post-ride pilsner with the crew.
- The Octal gets a little dirt friendly with the X
- Lightweight and durable EPS shell construction
- Aramid bridge tech reinforces the helmet structure for added protection
- Extended helmet shell provides coverage for foam liner
- Large vents promote cooling airflow
- Size adjustment system dials in the fit
- Eye garage securely holds most sunglasses