And then there was fun.
POC's life in cycling began with the utilitarian, high-visibility AVIP line. It then expanded to the start line with the slim fit and myopically focused Raceday kits. With the Fondo Half Zip Women's Jersey, POC is effectively announcing its latest venture: a line of cycling clothing that foregrounds the sheer joy of turning the cranks with nothing more ambitious in mind than a coffee shop loop, a charity sportive, or some tempo base miles.
POC sets the Fondo line apart from its racing jerseys with expanded pocket space — including the now obligatory zippered security pocket — and a fit that doesn't feel like a painted-on speed suit that only the likes of Vos could fit into. The jersey is still cut for cycling, with a shortened front and slightly extended rear hem, but its slim profile is designed to sit close without constriction. It's finished with a generous swathe of reflective branding across the rear pockets (shout-outs to its AVIP DNA) and a playfully themed zipper pull on the half-length front zipper.
Some people like the ease with which a full-zip jersey can be donned and doffed, but for many, the fact that they tend to create ridges on the stomach while bent over in the saddle means that half-zip is the only way to go. Even though the Fondo's fit isn't as second-skin tight as the brand's Raceday jerseys, it's still tailored to sit close and not flap in the breeze. Giving it a half-zip in front makes it that much more aerodynamic by removing the bunched ridges of a full-length zipper — after all, even though we don't all want the painted-on fit, we can all benefit from reduced drag.
- A club-fit cycling jersey for days of easy spinning
- Fit is contoured but not painted-on
- Reflective branding across rear pockets
- Additional security pocket zips shut
- Distinctive colorways for one-off style on the bike
View more Women's Short Sleeve Road Bike Jerseys
- This size table should be considered as a guide when choosing the right size of your POC gear.
- Measure underneath your arms around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Standing with your feet together, measure around the widest part of your thighs.