Droppers aren't just for trail bikes.
We don't expect to see dropper posts gracing the frames of race-specific 'cross bikes anytime soon, but for those of us who see drop-bar equipped bikes less as a chase to the finish line and more as as a route to all-road adventures, the PNW Components Rainier CX 27.2 Dropper Seatpost - External Routing may be just what you're looking for. Featuring light actuation, a sealed damping cartridge, and a lever purpose-built to pair with drop-style bars, this dropper provides tool-free saddle adjustment on the fly to swiftly manage the transitions from smooth singletrack to rock-strewn gravel and sketchy, stomach-dropping descents.
As with the original Rainier, PNW incorporates its Spin-Stop technology into the Rainier CX dropper, which consists of a keyed slider system that allows the seatpost to freely move vertically without any side-to-side saddle wobble. At the bars a streamlined, ambidextrous lever integrates cleanly on either side for quick access to dropper action whenever you need it.
- Transition seamlessly between climbs, flats, and descents
- Sealed damping cartridge for smooth, light actuation
- Lever cleanly integrates on right or left side of the bars
- Spin-Stop eliminates side-to-side saddle motion
- Spring preload provides consistent dropper function