Why We Like The Switchblade Pro X01 Mountain Bike
Lighter and more nimble than an enduro sled, yet capable enough to take on the gnarliest trails on the mountain is Pivot's Switchblade mountain bike. This speedy 29er trail bike is built to go anywhere and ride anything, be it an all-day ride deep in the mountains or some laps at the local jump trails or bike park. With 160mm of front travel and 142mm in the rear, this goldilocks bike tackles everything from cross-country trails to black diamond downhills. Pivot's carbon expertise gives us a light but strong carbon frame with one of the lowest warranty rates in the industry. The frame is complemented by Pivot's DW-Link suspension platform that pedals efficiently and absorbs chunky square-edged hits that would normally rob us of our momentum.
This Pro XO1 build sits in the midrange of Pivot's Switchblade offerings, but the components are still among the best on the market considering that the range-topping model hits a pricepoint of $13k. An XO1 Eagle mechanical drivetrain is a welcome companion, offering precise shifting that rivals XX1 with only a minor weight penalty separating the two groups. Seeing DT Swiss wheels gives us a sigh of relief, as do the 4-piston Code RSC brakes that we've really come to love. As for the fork and shock, they are FOX's top-level Factory series, with a Float X in the rear and a Float 36 GRIP2 up front.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- An all-mountain 29er that simply does everything well
- 142mm rear / 160mm front travel is well-balanced for any trail
- Geometry feels stable at high speeds yet maneuverable at lower speeds
- Updated frame design fits a full size water bottle and Pivot tool dock
- Custom-tuned Float X shock mates perfectly with the suspension kinematics
- Hollow-core molded carbon frame is stiff, strong, lightweight
- Frame now accepts SRAM's Universal Derailleur Hanger for convenience
- Item #PIV1WZL
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov