Why We Like The Shadowcat Ride GX/X01 Eagle Mountain Bike
We characterize the Shadowcat Ride GX/X01 Eagle Mountain Bike as a playful trail bike suited to riders who value precision, or are smaller in size. 140mm of travel out-back packs a punch for technical trails, yet the 27.5in wheels offer a nimble feel that’s intuitive in the corners, and super fun to flick, whip, and pop on flow trails. Thanks to its impressively low frame weight and efficient DW-Link suspension, the Shadowcat is a faster climber than many of the 120mm trail bikes we've ridden. We can't think of a better replacement for the Mach 5.5 than this ripper of a trail bike that weighs less than a lot of dedicated XC machines.
The Shadowcat's agile feel and intuitive handling can be credited in large part to Pivot's expertise in carbon frame design and suspension kinematics. We've always been impressed by the DW-Link platform, and this latest generation further refines its ability to hold rear-wheel traction even in the most precarious on-trail scenarios. This Shadowcat build boasts a hybrid X01/GX groupset from SRAM to offer crisp Eagle-quality shifting and slightly lighter weight than a full GX setup. Reliable DT Swiss M1900 wheels help absorb vibration on the trail, and they hold up for seasons to come.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Pivot's 27.5in trail bike is flickable, precise, and fun
- 140mm of rear travel paired with a 160mm fork
- Carbon frame is impressively light and resoundingly tough
- Progressive geometry blends confident handling with fast reflexes
- Low standover height makes this a comfortable bike for many riders
- FOX Performance fork and shock offer consistent performance
- Frame fits a full-size water bottle as well as Pivot's tool dock
- DT Swiss M1900 alloy wheels offer damping properties and durability
- Item #PIV1WZ2
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov