Shadowcat Race XT Mountain Bike
Why We Like The Shadowcat Race XT Mountain Bike
Light, agile, fast, and fun, the Pivot Shadowcat is here to remind us just how awesome 27.5-inch wheels can be. There's no better option when we want a spirited trail bike that lets us get crafty with line choices, and Pivot really lets the wheel size shine by pairing it with an ultra-lightweight carbon frame and perfectly-tuned suspension. Though the Shadowcat has a full 140mm of rear travel and a 160mm fork, its impressively low frame weight and efficient DW-Link suspension make it a faster climber than many of the 120mm bikes we've ridden. Simply put, we can't think of a better replacement for the Mach 5.5 than this gem of a trail bike that descends with bravado yet rivals the speed of a cross-country bike.
The Shadowcat's agile feel and intuitive handling can be credited to Pivot's expertise in carbon frame design and suspension kinematics. Thanks to an unwavering dedication to evolving their frames, the Shadowcat is one of Pivot's lightest trail bikes to date, weighing less than their Trail 429 and a mere 45 grams more than their featherweight Mach 4SL. That's a seriously impressive feat for a bike with this much suspension travel. As for kinematics, we've always been impressed by the DW-Link platform, but the latest generation is simply the best to date, offering great all-around performance with no weaknesses to be found.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- An agile trail bike with enough suspension travel to get rowdy
- Equipped with value and performance packed SLX/XT groupset
- 140mm of rear travel is paired up with a 160mm fork
- Hollowcore molded frame is super light yet impressively strong
- Geometry strikes a fine balance of stability and agility
- Low standover height brings confidence to riders of all skill levels
- FOX Performance fork and shock keep us planted on the trail
- Frame fits a full-size water bottle as well as Pivot's tool dock
- Item #PIV1WZ3
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov