Why We Like The Shadowcat Pro XT/XTR Mountain Bike
The Shadowcat is Pivot's ultra-lightweight 140mm trail bike, aptly named for its quick reflexes and sharp handling that encourage creative line choices as we charge down the trail. Pivot takes the acceleration and responsiveness that we can only get from 27.5-inch wheels and combines it with a high-modulus carbon frame and finely-tuned DW-Link suspension. The resulting machine absolutely rips both up and down the mountain, yet feels as light and efficient as many dedicated XC race bikes.
The Shadowcat's agile feel and intuitive handling is a result of Pivot's expertise in carbon frame design and suspension kinematics. Thanks to an unwavering dedication to evolving their frames, the Shadowcat is one of Pivot's lightest trail bikes to date, weighing less than their Trail 429 and a mere 45 grams more than their featherweight Mach 4SL. That's a seriously impressive feat for a bike with this much suspension travel. As for kinematics, we've always been impressed by the DW-Link platform, but the latest generation is simply the best to date, offering great all-around performance with no weaknesses to be found.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- A capable 27.5in trail bike that's light, fast, and fun
- 140mm of rear travel pairs with a 160mm terrain-gobbling fork
- Carbon frame is as light as possible without losing strength
- Progressive geometry offers high-speed stability and quick steering
- Low standover height makes this a comfortable bike for many riders
- Equipped with top-of-the-line FOX Factory fork and shock
- XT/XTR componentry offers great performance and reliability
- Frame fits a full-size water bottle as well as Pivot's tool dock
- Item #PIV1WZ1
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov