Upgrade your crank's grey matter.
If you're riding current generation aluminum crank arms but missed out on a powermeter model, then chances are good that the Power Meter Installation Kit for Consumer Supplied Cranks is your ride metric salvation. It adds data analysis to your alloy crank, letting you train smarter by analyzing your entire pedal stroke to help identify weaknesses and areas for improvement.
The kit consists of a magical box, and the process is simple. Just drop your Shimano crankset into the box, drop the box in the mail, and wait for some seven to ten business days. During that time period, the alchemists at Pioneer will be transubstantiating your crankset from a shapely alloy article to a power-gathering data magnet. When the crankset returns to you, it will have a Pioneer power meter installed.
Pioneer recently updated the original list of compatible cranksets, which was limited to Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 and Ultegra 6800. In addition to those two racing stalwarts, the powermeter installation kit now accommodates cranksets including the new Dura-Ace 9100, 105 5800, XTR Trail M9020, and XT M8000. The list also expands beyond Japan to include products engineered in Italy (Campagnolo Potenza), the US (Cannondale's Si and Si-SL2) and FSA's SL-K, a crankset whose ubiquity has made it a true citizen of the world.
- Upgrade your current crank with power meter capabilities
- Accuracy within typical range of industry standards
- Measures pedal stroke efficiency for targeted improvement
- Expanded list of compatible cranksets
- Pair with Pioneer computer for enhanced functionality
- Compatible with specific cranksets from Shimano, Campagnolo, Cannondale, and FSA