Over the river and through the woods.
Not every ride you embark on will send you into the wild, trekking across rivers on foot, and pedaling down long-forgotten stretches of trail far beyond the realm of cellphone reception, but for the rides that do you'd be keen to embark with a pair of the Pearl Izumi X-ALP Journey Mountain Bike Shoes. Equipped for all conditions, the X-ALP Journey is eager to explore on pedal and on foot while you push yourself into a world that feels untouched by other riders.
Dirt, sand, mud and water won't phase you in the X-ALP Journeys, they're built for it all with a bonded, seamless upper and mesh construction that breathes with ease. They slip on with a bootie-style upper construction that allows you to skip socks when you're going to be charging across rivers, or a rainstorm three days into your bikepacking trip kept your socks from drying out overnight. The quick-lacing closure system is perfect for securing your foot in place in various conditions, so your footing stays secure when you hit the trail on foot, and your heel doesn't lift when you're out of the saddle pushing up a climb. Underfoot you'll find a balanced composition of EVA for soaking up rocks and roots when you're hiking, and a fiberglass injected composite shank that elevates stiffness for power transfer on the bike. The outsole uses a carbon rubber compound, designed for superior traction and durability, with aggressive lugs for grabbing the trail, and strategic cutouts to flex with your step where its natural so a long section of hike-a-bike doesn't leave your foot cramping.
- Quick drying kicks for mud, water, and backwoods adventures
- Bonded seamless uppers breathe and stand the test of time
- Bootie-style closure allows for comfort without socks
- Mesh construction lets air move through for fast drying
- Quick-lace closure keeps your foot secure
- Fiberglass injected shank adds stiffness for power transfer
- Cushion your feet with lightweight EVA support
- Carbon rubber lugs grip the trail when you're on foot