Your idea of a fun weekend ride might be a few laps at the local trail network— but sometimes you dive deeper, pack up your bike with a few days worth of supplies, and head beyond the trails most traveled. You know your riding is versatile, and with your feet being your biggest contact point with the bike, it's important that they are, too. That's why Pearl Izumi built the Women's X-ALP Canyon Mountain Bike Shoes with a beefy, reliable tread, and bonded synthetic uppers that let your feet breathe when you're lugging your bike over-shoulder across a river, or up through overgrown sections of trails long forgotten.
The X-ALP Canyon shoes feature a bonded synthetic top with ample mesh panels that keep your feet from baking on hot trails. They are low-cut at the ankle to provide a light and fast fit that allows for natural ankle rotation off of the bike. While flex is good for miles on foot, a stiff sole is a must for power transfer on the bike, so Pearl equips the X-ALP Canyon's with a nylon composite shank to maximize power transfer to the pedals, without compromising torsional flex for hiking. Underneath the shank you'll find a lightweight EVA midsole that cushions your steps comfortably, and a beefy carbon-rubber lugged outsole that provides directional traction on foot. The center of the shoe is ready for clipping in with 2-bolt SPD compatibility that sits recessed and out of the way of your lugs, so your cleats don't get hung up on rocks when you're making your way up steep faces.
- Take versatility to the max with these lace-up bike kicks
- Bonded, seamless uppers deliver comfort and durability
- Let your toes breathe with mesh upper panels
- Low cut ankle feels lightweight natural on foot
- Transfer maximum power to the pedals with nylon shank
- EVA midsole cushions your stride off of the bike
- Carbon rubber lugged outsole grips rocks and roots
- Compatible with 2-bolt SPD cleats for clipless riding