Vortex Wxb Hooded Jacket
If you don’t know why hooded cycling jackets aren’t more prevalent, perhaps Pearl Izumi feels likewise and brings forward the Vortex Wtb Hooded Jacket to allay concerns for how to keep your noggin dry during wet-season riding. Billed as “bombproof” the Vortex is a 3-layer, over-the-helmet cycling jacket constructed with lightweight and stretchy fabric, and two unique water-repellent barriers. To ensure the driving rains and frigid winds don’t make inroads towards your warm baselayers or commuting clothes, Pearl Izumi fully-tapes the seams as well as waterproofs the front zipper.
Considering you may be commuting with a thicker down jacket or simply not wanted a race-tight fit, the Vortex is designed to be regular fitting for range of motion and comfortable layering needs throughout the foul-weather calendar. And BioViz reflective elements are on board to assist with visibility in low-light conditions.
- Cycling-specific, hooded rain jacket for wet weather miles
- Durable design with PI Dry and 3-layer waterproof membrane
- Full-taped seams and front zipper ensure a dry experience in driving rains
- Hood accommodates most common mountain, road, and commuting helmets
- Regular fit for freedom of movement and ideal layering underneath