New hobby, new shoes.
Grudgingly, you have to admit your first tri was, in some ways, pretty fun. Your second one too. And now you've just signed up for two more before summer's end. If you're going to make a habit of swimming, biking, and running for time on the weekends, stop costing yourself time in T1 fiddling with the dials and buckles on your road shoes. Invest in the Pearl Izumi Men's Tri Fly Select V6 Shoe and simplify T1 without sacrificing fit and function during the bike leg.
Inspired by its pricier siblings further up Pearl's tri shoe ladder, the Tri Fly Select V6's accessible price point is kinder to newer triathletes who have a long, expensive list of gear to gather up before they see an age group podium. Though it isn't pro-level, the shoe still comes with a carbon-reinforced nylon sole, seamless, quick-drying uppers, and a comfortable two-strap wrap closure that pulls those pliable uppers close around your foot. Pearl specifically positioned the straps away from pressure points that could impede circulation so that numbness and hot spots don't interrupt your bike leg or your triumphant, slightly wobbly jog into T2.
- Clean up your T1 splits and invest in a tri-specific shoe
- Uppers dry quickly post-swim and conform to your foot
- Carbon-reinforced sole earns 8/13 on Pearl's stiffness scale
- Direct-Vent technology helps sole drain water and breathe
- EVA foam and rubber along heel eases running in transition
- Select insole adds fatigue-reducing support along your arch