The eyes have it.
On long, hot climbs, being able to see clearly up the road isn't necessarily that important. We're typically not going fast enough to need much warning of obstacles like rocks in the shoulder, and we'd frankly often rather not have a constant reminder of just how many switchbacks we have left to clear. So Pearl Izumi's Transfer Lite Headband isn't necessarily for the climbs.
Sure, it'll keep moisture out of your eyes while you're slugging up a 10% grade for several unrelenting miles, but its real utility comes when you crest the summit and tuck into a fast descent. That's when vision, unspoiled by rivulets of sweat, becomes crucial, and the Transfer Lite Headband's ability to keep the fruits of your efforts out of your eyes will help you avoid those shoulder obstacles you dodged on the way up.
- A cycling headband for the hottest rides of the year
- Fabric treated to diffuse moisture for fast evaporation
- Redesigned to absorb even more sweat
- Keeps sweat out of your eyes on fast descents after hot climbs
- Reflective details maintain visibility on early summer mornings