The extremely versatile Pearl Izumi Thermal Tight may be an under-considered option for cold and wet weather riding, but it has more than earned our attention. Using Pearl Izumi’s Thermal fleece for warmth and next-to-skin comfort, and PI Dry technology to shed water from passing storms and group-ride wheel-spray, the Thermal Tight is very much like it’s winter apparel siblings. Where it parts ways and enhances its utility is in its bib-less design and by chucking the chamois. In essence, the Thermal Tight is a shell pant that can fit over most other cycling bottoms or thin casual pants for winter training or commuting. However, Pearl Izumi does maintain an impeccable fit to reduce drag and fabric bunching as you pedal. And a zipper-less calf further enhances that fit and reduces chafing from the zippers of old.
- Comparatively bare-bones thermal tight for chilly, wet cycling
- Bib-less and chamois-less design for use with any under-layer
- Thermal fleece throughout, protected by water-resistant membranes
- Stretch fabric and reduced seams for more optimal fit
- Zipper-less calf design for form-fitting and durable wear