Sugar Road Cycling Shoe
The Pearl Izumi Sugar Road Cycling Shoe is the classic lace-up modernized. Not only does it allow for fit adjustment nearly the full-length of the seamless upper, but you also get a second set of laces with the shoe, and can easily customize colors with your own laces. Once you've tied the laces, a lace-lock hides the excess securely and free from fluttering into the drivetrain while riding. The Sugar's heart and soul are within the nylon composite sole that offers impressive stiffness for pedaling performance, and also includes a carbon fiber plate in the forefoot to further increase stiffness in that area. The result is a sole that is stiff where needed while remaining comfortable throughout. Perforations in the upper and the Direct-Vent outsole keep your feet fresh during intense indoor sessions and when traversing mountains in late-summer. Further adding to the uniqueness found in the Sugar, Pearl Izumi designs both two and three-bolt cleat compatibility into the Sugar to ensure a fit for standard road bike pedals and typical gym spin-bike platforms.
- Value-packed lace-up cycling shoe with a stiff sole
- Perforated upper breathes well and pairs with massive vents in the lower
- Stiff nylon composite sole braced further with a carbon fiber forefoot insert
- Seamless upper forms a comfortable wrap around feet
- SPD and SPD-SL cleat compatibility for ideal versatility across pedal platforms