The all-day choice.
Though they're less stiff than the Race Road model, Pearl Izumi's Select Road V5 Cycling Shoes are actually lighter. That's likely due to the latter's use of three hook-and-loop straps as an enclosure system, a minimalist, tried-and-true way to get a customized fit across the foot in cycling shoes. The sole is no slouch, either. It's a composite matrix reinforced with nylon, and it occupies the middle position in Pearl Izumi's stiffness scale, making it more forgiving over long miles spent in the saddle when comfort is more important than outright efficiency. The sole is finished with traction at the heel and toe to help you keep upright when those long days in the saddle are punctuated by refueling stops at convenience stores with slippery linoleum floors.
- Cycling shoes built for all day comfort and reliability
- Synthetic sole reinforced for stiffness that doesn't punish
- Seamless upper breathes and maintains a sleek, modern profile
- Closure reduces instep pressure by pulling around rather than across
- Bumpers maintain traction of slippery store or café floors