No more loathing.
We tend to choose our summer-weight shorts very carefully. Fit, style, and of course the chamois—there are enough choices out there that we don't have to compromise in any area, so we always get exactly what we want. That's why come fall we're loathe to lay them aside in favor of thermal gear, and that loathing is mostly due to switching chamois. Pearl Izumi's Select Escape Thermal Tights address that concern by omitting a chamois so you can layer your preferred one underneath them. The lack of a chamois also lets them serve as cross-training gear for chilly runs if you prefer to hang up the bike during the coldest snaps of winter.
- Tights that layer over summer shorts or work for cold-weather runs
- Soft, thermal insulation secures warmth against brisk autumn air
- Breathable synthetic banishes moisture before it becomes clammy
- Ankle zips with zipper garages reduce irritation
- Reflective elements help keep you visible in dim conditions
- Lack of chamois and bib-free construction add versatility for cross-training