Select Escape Softshell Jacket
When we're in the saddle in winter, we typically have two speeds: easy, conversational spins and base miles ticked off at tempo. Either way, Pearl Izumi's Select Escape Softshell Women's Jacket fills an integral space in our wardrobes by fending off wind, water, and cold at all cycling paces: in short, everything needed to stay on the road and off the trainer through winter.
The jacket's key feature is its 3-layer softshell membrane, which combines a windproof, water-resistant shield with breathability and thermal insulation. This material is occasionally relieved with panels of pure thermal material, which help regulate the temperature and conditions of your body's microclimate by allowing a bit more breathability than the softshell.
The jacket is meant for use in temperatures in the low 40s and below, so it's cut to accommodate layering, and two zippered rear pockets provide storage options for additional winter wear. It's finished with a few details that further recommend it for inclement conditions, including a draft flap under the full-length front zipper and BioViz reflective details to help keep you visible in low-light, frigid, and damp conditions.
- A thermal cycling jacket for frigid winter temps
- Select Softshell is windproof, water-resistant, and breathable
- Thermal insulation provides warmth and wicks moisture
- Full-length zipper lets you control ventilation
- Zippered rear pockets stow winter essentials
- BioViz reflective elements enhance visibility to cars in low light