No friend of the elements.
Over the years, the Pearl Izumi Select Barrier WxB Jacket has made a lot of friends in the cycling community, but it's come at the cost of alienating bad weather. With the new addition of Barrier fabric to the jacket, we're afraid that this rift between the WxB Jacket and the elements will only get worse. Since the jacket keeps us dry and comfortable, we're OK with that.
The new Select Barrier WxB fabric shines against the overcast elements, bringing a healthy dose of wind resistance and waterproof properties to rain on bad weather's parade. It includes a charcoal membrane, which adsorbs odor that it can then release if you hang the jacket in the sun. The material also has a four-way stretch for ease of movement, and the jacket is cut spaciously enough to accommodate thermal layering for when it's wet and really cold instead of just wet and cold.
The seams are fully taped, the full-length front zipper is waterproof and has an internal wind flap, and the rear hem has a drop tail with an elastic drawcord to deny the elements any foothold of ingress. Even the cuffs conspire against the weather with an asymmetrical cut that extends coverage over your gloves to ensure there are no gaps. A single rear pocket offers storage, and reflective elements help keep you visible in low-light conditions.
- An enemy to the elements, a friend to you
- Waterproof construction for a dry ride
- Stay dry on the inside with wicking fibers
- Revised semi-form fit for comfort on the bike
- Fully sealed seams keep water from sneaking in
- Stand up collar adds weather protection
- Reflective elements increase low light safety
- Zippered rear pocket keeps essentials safe