Start out the right way.
We can understand wearing street clothes when you ride to the store a few blocks away for a half gallon of milk and the Sunday times, but we can't, in good conscience, recommend anything but cycling shorts for your regular workday commute. If you're looking into investing in your first pair, the Pearl Izumi Quest Splice Short makes a great introduction. With a price that's friendly to your wallet and the plush Select Escape 1:1 chamois standing between you and the saddle with supportive foam, the Quest Splice enjoys a simple, and effective, construction.
Pearl uses a six-panel design to construct the Quest Splice, with panels composed of nylon and Lycra fibers to provide a mix of stretchy support and optimal moisture transfer on sunny weekend rides and warm commutes. The short achieves a classic cycling silhouette, but with a more comfort-based fit than ultra-contoured racing kit. Silicone grippers line each leg hem, holding the short in place without pinching or chafing, and BioViz reflective accents work to improve your visibility during low-light conditions.
- Entry-level cycling short for commuting or training
- Form-fitting without sacrificing comfort or mobility
- Moisture-wicking fabric is stretchy and breathable
- Select Escape 1:1 chamois eliminates chafing
- Silicone leg grippers hold short in place
- Reflective accents promote visibility