With the PRO Pursuit Wind Jersey, Pearl Izumi effectively bridges the gap between baggy, protective winter jackets and light, weather-vulnerable thermal jerseys. It fits like a jersey, protects like a jacket, and keeps racers in the saddle through cold, soggy training miles. That means it gets the most use during the off-season, but its real value comes to light at the early spring start lines when you're able to show up already in form rather than hoping for miracle legs.
The jersey's key feature is Pearl's Softshell Lite membrane, which is distributed in key areas and gives the jersey wind- and water-resistant powers so you can power through inclement conditions. Though we've been able to get all the weather protection we need from PVC, the PRO Pursuit Wind Jersey ups the ante with breathability almost on par with a plain, non-weather-resistant thermal jersey. That means a punchy climb or interval series won't leave you sweaty and then stuck in a clammy chilly.
The Softshell Lite is supplemented with In-R-Cool under the arms and across the back. This inclusion adds yet more breathability and some additional stretch, helping achieve a slim, race-able fit and further reducing the risk of internal moisture accumulation.
- A jersey for cyclists who don't fear inclement conditions
- Weather-resistant softshell makes short work of wind and rain
- Panels of lighter material aid ventilation and add stretch
- Speed Sleeve construction designed for reaching to the hoods
- Zipper garage protects your throat from abrasion
- Waist elastic holds slightly dropped tail in place
- Three rear pockets for foul-weather accessories
- Reflective details help maintain visibility in miserable conditions