Race-worthy palm protection.
You wouldn't think of racing without the added grip and protection of gloves, but you also can't just throw on any old pair of gloves you have lying around when you're a Cat 3 or above. When you're looking for uncompromised dexterity, reliable grip, and as much aerodynamic benefit as Pearl Izumi offers, the P.R.O. Aero Gloves are what you'll want covering your palms.
The half-finger design gives you full range of motion, while a soft Clarino synthetic leather palm helps prevent user errors caused by poor purchase on the handlebars during tense race moments. Pearl constructs the back of the gloves with its P.R.O. Aero fabric, a stretchy synthetic blend with texturing to reduce drag and plenty of moisture-wicking capabilities to keep your hands dry for a better hand/hood interface. If you need to wipe your nose, brow, sunglasses, or head unit off mid-race (and you will), Pearl includes a thin wiping surface on the thumb of the glove, and the pull-on styling avoids the extra bulk of a hook-and-loop strap.
- Cycling gloves with a minimalist design and second-skin fit
- 1:1 Glove Fit limits bunching and improves comfort
- Back hand fabric wicks moisture and boosts aerodynamics
- Clarino palm with no padding optimizes grip and dexterity
- Simple pull-on design reduces weight and bulk
- Low-profile thumb wipe for managing sweat