Mind the calendar.
There is a certain peaceful atmosphere inherent in winter cycling that can lull us into a sort of trance. It can be easy to zone out, enjoy the scenery, and let your heart rate languish. Fortunately, we're also equipped with smart head units, zone alarms, and race-minded kit like Pearl Izumi's P.R.O. Pursuit Aero Women's Jacket to help keep us focused on the job at hand. After all, spring is coming, and dedication to the training calendar from October through February can be the difference between placing on the podium and being pack fodder when the calendar rolls over into March.
The jacket's low-profile silhouette is built from two materials, Pearl's Softshell Lite and Direct Vent mesh underarm panels. The panels add a bit more lightweight breathability to Softshell Lite's already breathable membrane, but the latter is the jacket's real star. Softshell Lite blocks wind and is finished with a DWR treatment for water resistance that's equal to moderate precipitation. It also breathes and wicks, helping to keep you dry inside and out, which is imperative in a cold-weather shell when internal moisture quickly becomes frigid clamminess.
The panels are cut in a race-appropriate fit and combined with bonded seams to further reduce flapping bulk. This construction process effectively extends the P.R.O. Pursuit Aero Jacket's seasonal range by making it eminently packable. It serves as an emergency shell in late fall and early spring because it stuffs down to fit in a jersey pocket, but it also accommodates thermal insulation to add weather resistance to warm layers. Finishing details like reflective trim, an elasticized gripper hem, and a full-length draft flap further boost the jacket's low-bulk functionality.
- A lightweight shell for layering in inclement weather
- Softshell Lite membrane blocks wind and water
- Pearl's Form Fit approximates the racing cut of summer kit
- Low-bulk construction packs down to fit in a jersey pocket
- Accommodates thermal layers for winter riding
- Full-length draft flap reinforces zipper
- Reflective details and elastic gripper on hem
View more Women's Jackets
Gore Bike Wear Element Windstopper Active Shell Zip-Off Jacket - Women's
Gore Bike Wear Element Lady WindStopper Softshell Jacket - Women's
(78.7 - 83.8cm)
(83.8 - 88.9cm)
(88.9 - 95.3cm)
(95.3 - 101.6cm)
(102.9 - 108.0cm)
(108.0 - 114.3cm)
(58.4 - 63.5cm)
(63.5 - 68.6cm)
(68.6 - 74.9cm)
(74.9 - 81.3cm)
(81.3 - 87.6cm)
(87.6 - 94.0cm)
(83.8 - 88.9cm)
(88.9 - 94.0cm)
(94.0 - 99.1cm)
(100.3 - 106.7cm)
(106.7 - 114.3cm)
(114.3 - 120.7cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
- Measure from the center of your back to your wrist with arms held out.