Ahead of the pack.
Multi-day stage races revolve around one thing: the leader's jersey. This makes any article bearing that name a significant piece of kit, so we greeted the release of Pearl Izumi's P.R.O. Leader Jersey with exceedingly high expectations for the upcoming cycling season.
In order to meet these expectations, Pearl kitted the P.R.O. Leader with different materials to maximize comfort and regulate temperature on the road. Throughout the body is P.R.O. Transfer In-R-Cool, which excels at pulling moisture from your skin and diffusing it across a wide surface for quick-drying comfort. This fabric is powered by Coolplus technology, which prevents you from overheating on the sunniest days in the saddle. This technology keeps the fabric's overall temperature down, instead of it soaking up excess warmth from the sun.
Looking to the sleeves, you'll find a lightweight blend of polyester and Lycra, which provides the rapid moisture transfer and stabilizing fit you've come to expect from a jersey of this pedigree. Pearl then places Direct-Vent mesh panels where additional ventilation is warranted along the jersey's backside and underarm zones. The entire jersey is constructed with an anatomic, race-cut pattern with an elasticized grip along the rear hem that keeps it in place.
- Pro-caliber jersey for long and demanding days in the saddle
- Anatomic, race-cut fit hugs the body without restricting motion
- P.R.O. Transfer In-R-Cool fabric wicks moisture to keep you cool
- Coolplus technology prevents it from soaking up excess heat
- Polyester and Lycra at sleeves for lightweight, stabilizing fit
- Direct-Vent mesh panels at underarms and back for ventilation
- Three rear pockets, plus a sweatproof secure-zip pocket
- Elasticized grip along rear hem keeps it secure