During cool, transitional months, Lycra warmers are no longer sufficient, yet fully-windproof tights are overkill. That's where the Pearl Izumi Elite Thermal Knee Warmers come into play, delivering more warmth than the Lite warmers without being overly stifling like the PRO Softshell warmers can be in mid-range temperatures.
For this generation, the Elite Thermal warmers bridge part of the gap between them and the PRO Softshell model with the addition of the PI Dry treatment. PI Dry adds water resistance to the material's midweight insulation, so you no longer have to choose between overheating or risking exposure to light drizzle and road spray.
Finally, a note on length, which the Elite Thermal warmers have plenty of. While cyclists of all height will appreciate these warmers' generous coverage, eliminating the warmer/shorts gap while being able to maintain upper calf coverage is a rare luxury for cyclists in the 6ft+ range.
- Knee warmers for spinning on soggy, chilly days
- Water-resistance repels light rain and road spray
- Midweight thermal insulation for shoulder season temps
- Built to reduce bunching and slouching while pedaling
- Soft, wide elastic cuff grips with silicone print
- Reflective details add a bit of visibility on overcast training rides