Power to the pedals.
Taking design cues from the podium-crushing P.R.O. Leader Shoe, the Pearl Izumi Men's ELITE Road V5 Cycling Shoe maximizes power transfer while maintaining a supple, foot-conforming fit. Eliminating the lasting board of traditional cycling shoes, Pearl's Unibody construction drops the stack height to a mere five millimeters, which is beneficial for transferring every watt of available energy into forward acceleration.
As the stiffest sole in Pearl's line, the Carbon Power Plate delivers unwavering power transfer when you're sprinting forward and chasing KOMs on alpine passes. The 3-layer seamless composite upper maintains a supportive, glove-like fit. Ventilation ports increase air flow on summer rides when the tarmac radiates with fiery heat.
One of the ELITE Road V5's biggest selling points is the ultra-precise fit its Boa IP1 dial complemented with a supportive forefoot strap. The micro-adjustable Boa IP1 dial gives you the ability to fine-tune its fit and feel to your exact preferences, virtually eliminating pressure points and excess slop. And when it's time to bail from your shoes, simply pull up on the dial to quickly release the lacing system.
- Maximize pedaling power with unrelenting stiffness
- Unibody construction drops the stack height to 5mm
- Carbon Power Plate is the stiffest in Pearl's line
- Boa IP1 dial delivers a secure, micro-adjustable fit
- Seamless composite upper wraps your foot like a glove
- Ventilated ports prevent overheating on hot rides