There's something comforting about the Pearl Izumi Elite Pursuit Thermal Graphic Jersey, and it's certainly not the chilly weather it was designed for riding in. Rather, it's the soft, lightly brushed thermal fabric the jersey's made out of, which gets us up off the couch and out on the road by approximating the comfort of the warm throw blanket we're leaving behind.
That take-the-blanket-with-you comfort is especially important here. As part of Pearl's Pursuit line, the Thermal Graphic Jersey is designed for serious cyclists who can't afford to take time off because a fall afternoon gets chilly or the sun doesn't quite get out on a spring morning. Its aggressive, form-fitting cut isn't quite as painted-on as Pearl's Black Speed Mesh jersey, but that gives it a bit of room for layering and adds an additional element of comfort while you're preparing for the days that you'll be wearing the race jersey. The Pursuit Thermal does have the Speed Mesh's Speed Sleeve shoulders, which are articulated to accommodate an aggressive reach in the cockpit, so you won't have any excuse to let up during early-March intervals.
- A thermal cycling jersey for off-season prep
- Breathable insulation maintains dry comfort
- Fit rewards dedicated, aggressive cyclists
- Draft flap reduces breezes while leading into the wind
- Layers under jackets when conditions get severe
- Three rear pockets for gloves and knee warmers
- Reflective details help keep you visible during late dawns and early dusks