The racer in winter.
In previous eras, cyclists were forced to take the winter off. That was before items like the Pearl Izumi Elite Pursuit Softshell Women's Jacket, though, which combine weather protection and thermal insulation in a fit designed for racers' bodies. While you likely won't ever find yourself needing this level of protection during an actual road race, the Pursuit Softshell Jacket's winter-grade protection will help ensure that—when you are racing in summer-weight kit—you'll have been able to put in the base miles earlier in the year in order to be at your competitive best.
The jacket's body is made from Elite Softshell fabric, which presents a face of wind- and water-resistance to the winter elements that would otherwise force us into indoor trainer hibernation. The inner face is Pearl's Thermal Fleece, which is, well, a thermal fleece that creates a soft, low-loft microclimate of warmth beneath the softshell exterior. The two materials work together to manage moisture and breathe, helping to reduce the threat of a gradual, clammy chill during hours-long winter base mile rides.
The Pursuit line's focus on achieving goals in the saddle warrants a form-fitting cut. While the jacket accommodates some thermal layering, it doesn't do so at the expense of excess folds of flapping material catching the breeze and creating unnecessary drag. The jacket's finished with three rear pockets to hold ride essentials, elastic grip to keep the hem in place, and reflective element for increased visibility in low-light conditions.
- A cycling jacket for winter training
- Breathable Elite Softshell membrane fends off the weather
- Elite Thermal lining manages moisture while insulating
- Three rear pockets hold ride essentials and extra gloves
- Reflective details add safety in low-light conditions
View more Women's Jackets
Gore Bike Wear Element Windstopper Active Shell Zip-Off Jacket - Women's
(78.7 - 83.8cm)
(83.8 - 88.9cm)
(88.9 - 95.3cm)
(95.3 - 101.6cm)
(102.9 - 108.0cm)
(108.0 - 114.3cm)
(58.4 - 63.5cm)
(63.5 - 68.6cm)
(68.6 - 74.9cm)
(74.9 - 81.3cm)
(81.3 - 87.6cm)
(87.6 - 94.0cm)
(83.8 - 88.9cm)
(88.9 - 94.0cm)
(94.0 - 99.1cm)
(100.3 - 106.7cm)
(106.7 - 114.3cm)
(114.3 - 120.7cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
- Measure from the center of your back to your wrist with arms held out.