Makes everyday rides better.
Refresh your road kit in time for spring with Pearl Izumi's ELITE Escape Short, but be warned, it may make the rest of your drawer seem well, sub par. We make no assumptions about the state of your cycling kit, of course; it's just that Pearl's seriously stepped up its game this year, making changes from its race line to its recreational one. Be prepared to pedal in a lot more comfort on your next shop ride in the ELITE Escape, without paying a pro-level price for it.
Aside from the more expected tweaks, like suppler, supportive fabric with ample Lycra content, and a minimal, form-fitting design, the main story with the ELITE Escape is the redesigned chamois. Replacing the classic multi-layered block of cushioning is the slimmer, flexible ELITE Escape chamois, complete with a floating top sheet à la certain well-known European brands. Previously reserved for pricey, pro-level kit, this construction now affords the masses the luxury of nearly nonexistent chances of chafing in the saddle, due to the top sheet's ability to move with you side-to-side as you pedal. Combine that with sleek silicone-backed raw edge hems and your old kit's got some serious competition.
- Update your training kit with this sleek cycling short
- Supportive Lycra blend wicks moisture and retains shape
- Form-fitting while maximizing range of motion
- Redsigned chamois with floating top sheet to reduce chafing
- Raw-edge leg hems stay in place with soft silicone backing
- Reflective BioViz boost visibility in low light scenarios