ELITE Escape Barrier Convertible Jacket
The ELITE Escape Barrier Convertible Jacket from Pearl Izumi is one of the most versatile jackets in its lineup as it offers water and wind-resistant protection as well as a thermo-regulating vest for your core on cooler, windy days and descents. The beauty of this top is its ability to convert from a protective shell to a heat-retaining vest in a matter of seconds with its zip-off sleeves, before or during your ride, that extends its use year round. Like its other Elite Barrier products, the shell shields you from the wind, while repelling precipitation and road spray. And to keep you from overheating, its Direct-Vent panels improve ventilation when you're climbing towards the heavens or dropping the hammer on fast group rides.
To increase its visibility after dark, the convertible jacket features BioViz reflective elements for safe riding at dawn and dusk. Underneath its full-length zipper is a draft flap to block wind from weaseling its way in and giving you a chill. Other key features include elastic at the hem and sleeves for a dialed fit, as well as zippered hand and one rear pocket for holding riding accessories or other items.
- A jacket that converts to a vest offering up versatility
- Full-length internal draft flap with zipper garage helps seal in warmth
- Elastic hem and sleeves keep the wind from creeping in
- Direct-Vent back panel provides optimal ventilation
- The water-resistant material keeps you dry on damp training rides
- ELITE Barrier fabric provides excellent wind protection
- One-piece integrated sleeve construction prevents arriving home with one less sleeve