Why We Like The Cyclone Gel Glove
Though they're referred to as shoulder seasons, the transitional weeks of fall and spring often leave us more concerned about our hands. Protecting those extremities is one of the trickiest obstacles of shoulder-season cycling, so items like Pearl Izumi's Cyclone Gel Gloves typically enjoy pride of place on our cold-weather kit lists. Pearl's Elite Softshell fabric is the gloves' main active ingredient. It blends breathability with wind- and water-resistance to help keep you warm and dry while limiting the gradual accumulation of clammy moisture.
Spring and fall are the most beautiful times to ride, and synthetic, conductive tips on the index fingers and thumbs ensure touchscreen compatibility so you can document the adventure without exposing digits to dropping temperatures. The palm is also synthetic leather, and its plumped out with gel padding arrayed in a strategic pattern. Some people prefer an unhampered bar feel, but if you're on a 100-mile gravel tour through the autumnal orchards of New England, the added cush might be the difference between enjoying each cider stop and dreading getting back in the saddle.
The gloves are finished with long hook-and-loop cuffs, extending coverage to ensure there are no sleeve/glove gaps, even for the long-of-limb. Reflective elements help keep you visible in fall's early dusk and the slow dawns of spring, and a windproof fleece wiping patch protects frosty noses while attending to cold-induced effulgence.
- Cold-weather cycling glove packs in warmth and padding
- Softshell fabric reduces exposure to wind and water
- Touch-screen fingertips enable connectivity to gadgets
- Plush padding reduces fatigue and absorbs road vibration
- 1:1 fit maximizes finger dexterity for confident handling
- Long wrist reduces exposure and seals jacket gaps
- Reflective accents enhance visibility in low-light conditions
- Item #PLZO8DO
- [palm] 62% polyester, 34% elastane, 4% polyurethane, [back] 62% polyester, 29% polyamide, 6% polyurethane, 3% elastane [lining] 100% polyester
- GEL padding
- Recommended Use
- road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year