Having a full blown second wardrobe for casual life outside of riding bikes can feel like a hassle, especially in the summer time when your ideal daily routine takes you straight from the trail to brewery patio for a couple of frosty pints of your favorite IPA and fried pickles. That doesn't mean you want to compromise your riding gear with heavy cotton shorts that don't breathe, in fact it's more of the inverse. The new Pearl Izumi Boardwalk Shorts understand just what you're looking for, capturing trail-ready tech, with a casual look that passes off the trail just as well as on.
These relaxed baggies look like a regular casual short at first glance, with standard hand pockets, belt loops, and a clean, no-frills appearance, but they take things a step towards the dirt with ride-ready construction. They are crafted from 100% polyester that wicks away moisture to keep you cool on the ride, while breathing and drying quickly. The long, 13.5-inch inseam offers the coverage you want to shield your knees from unwieldy branches, while giving the space you need to run pads underneath if your day takes you down wily trail filled with chunky rock gardens and root lattices. A gusseted crotch lets you move freely on the bike while reinforcing to stand up to all-day adventures in the saddle.
- Casual MTB shorts for sweeping berms and sipping brews
- Clean aesthetic passes off the trail with simple design
- Polyester construction wicks away sweat and breathes
- Move freely with gusseted crotch that holds up to abuse
- Ample pocket space stashes your essentials on trail
- Long inseam shields your knees from stray branches
- Relaxed fit accommodates pads on wily enduro days