Whether you find yourself cutting through cold air on a frozen CX track, shivering through a morning commute, or cresting a double-digit pass, the easily packable Pearl Izumi Barrier Headband packs plenty of warmth for its small profile. It's lack of a crown means it doesn't trap too much warmth, though, so it won't necessitate constant mid-ride stops to reassess the wardrobe situation.
The Barrier Headband leads into the wind with P.R.O. Barrier fabric on the forehead, which is windproof to combat winter's chill where it typically first gets a foothold. The sides and back are Pearl's P.R.O. Thermal Dry fabric, an insulating and moisture-wicking material that includes a bit of elastane for additional stretchiness and an under-helmet fit.
The Barrier headband is finished with a ponytail port that routes long hair past helmet retention systems and includes reflective elements for added safety in low-light conditions.
- A headband for cycling in frigid, wintery conditions
- Barrier forehead panel is windproof
- Thermal Dry side and back manage moisture and insulate
- Ponytail port routes long hair past helmet fit dials
- Reflective details help maintain visibility in low light