Why We Like The Porter 46L Backpack
When we want to ditch town, the Osprey Porter 46L makes it easy to store our getaway essentials so we can get on the go faster. The Porter 46 is the maximum backpack size allowed for carry-on, so you can avoid that nasty fee while taking along as much gear as necessary. The bag features padded sidewalls to protect your essentials, a large main compartment to handle the getaway gear, and rear laptop sleeve for a quick grab at the plane seat. The ErgoPull hip-belt and shoulder straps can be stowed for travel convenience, and ample grab handles make it easy to throw the pack between different modes of transportation.
- Travel-ready carry-on organizes all your essentials
- Durable nylon holds up to the rigors of transport
- Main compartment with internal laptop sleeve
- Padded sidewalls double as borders to protect contents when open
- Rear, lockable laptop sleeve secures your computer
- Compression straps secure any size load
- Attachment points for Osprey Daylite daypack
- Item #OSPZ199
- Responsible Collection
- [main/bottom] 500D recycled nylon packcloth, [accent] 420D recycled robic nylon packcloth
- 46L (2807cu in)
- 1mm HDPE framesheet
- Shoulder Straps
- Waist Belt
- stowaway 38mm webbing, padded wings
- top, rear, front,
- [front panel] 1 organizational, 1 vertical document, [top] 1 small item
- 24 x 15 x 10in
- Claimed Weight
- 3lb 10oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
May 16, 2021
One of my 3 Osprey Packs - love them all
- I've put it through the wringer
I have an Exos 58 I use for 50-60 mile AT trips and a daypack I love. I was flying back and forth from Atlanta to Tampa after taking a job in Atlanta and wanted a pack to take on the plane with clothes for a few days. The Porter has been great! Plenty of separate areas to keep things organized. Fits easily in overhead (I bought it after reading about a world traveler who swore it fit every plane and train overhead). I take it on vacations as well. Can carry it like a suitcase when checking into a nice hotel and store the shoulder straps out of sight. Can?t beat Osprey!
Originally reviewed on Backcountry.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help