Storm Cycling Shoe
The Storm Cycling Shoe from Northwave might be one of the best looking pair of road shoes we've found under $200. Looks aside, it certainly places a premium on ventilation and will keep your feet nice and cool during the warmer months. Add in its stiff sole, hook-and-loop and dial closures, and refined Northwave fit and you have some kicks that are just as eager to hit the road as you are.
The Storm uses a Morph 10 AAS sole with a stiffness index of 10.0 out of 15.0 on the Northwave scale. Using an innovative Anatomical Arch Support made of TPU, it provides a wide range of arch support for varying foot shapes. The sole also allows for the use of the exclusive Northwave Speedplay adapter (sold separately) allowing you to forgo the usual 3-bolt adapter and run the cleat directly on the sole for the lowest stack height between your foot and pedal. This shoe comes with its Performance Regular footbed for all-day support helping to eliminate discomfort and hot spots.
On the outside, unibody construction allows for large, strategically placed mesh inserts with ultra-thin reinforced materials to provide maximum breathability without losing stability. The upper closes with a lower hook-and-loop strap and asymmetric lacing from its SLW2 dial with step by step and full release from one button, providing a snug fit while reducing pressure on the top of the foot.
- Road cycling shoes made to vent
- SLW2 closure dial up top offers a micro-adjustable fit
- Hook-and-loop lower strap reduces foot movement
- Biomap Unibody upper wraps feet in comfort
- Mesh vents along upper to disperse excess heat
- Morph 10 AAS sole balances stiffness and comfort
- Sole vents help with temperature regulation
- Accommodates 4-bolt Speedplay (with adapter)and 3-bolt road cleats