Scorpius 2 Plus Cycling Shoe
The Northwave Men's Scorpius 2 Plus Cycling Shoe should've just been named the trifecta. It looks great, it's chock full of performance features, and comes in at less than a Benjamin and a Grant. This mountain bike shoe is ready to clip into your mountain bike pedal of choice and conquer technical trails in total comfort with its lightweight, stiff, and breathable construction.
The Scorpius 2 Plus offers an excellent fit and contours to your foot with its SLW2 dial, which allows for easy tightening in small increments, even on the fly, and loosens step by step or a full release with the push of a button for quick removal if a mid-ride swimming hole presents itself. The micro-adjustable dial pairs up with a lower hook-and-loop strap near the front of the shoe for a secure hold on your forefoot. Both closure systems wrap the thermowelded upper across your foot and it never overlaps so it saves weight, fits better, and vents. The upper features reinforcements in high wear areas to increase durability and longevity.
Where the pedal hits the metal, or sole, you'll find a triple-density Speedlight 3D outsole that's fairly stiff on Northwave's index, sitting at a 10 out of 15. This provides more than sufficient power transfer for everyday rides and racing needs, yet it's not unnecessary stiff when you need to dismount for hike-a-bikes or 'cross use. And for when conditions are especially sloppy, Northwave includes grippy lugs to improve traction and provisions for toe spikes for really digging in.
- An everyday clipless shoe for mountain bikers
- Thermowelded layer upper construction offers a great fit
- SLW2 dial provides micro-adjustable fit and one-click release
- The lower hook-and-loop strap keeps the foot secure
- Thermowelded upper with strategically placed mesh ventilation
- Traction lugs and spike provisions aid in hike-a-bike sections
- Speedlight 3D sole rated at 10 out of 15 on Northwave's stiffness scale