Why We Like The Genetix Plus 2 Mountain Bike Shoe
We're putting on the Northwave Genetix Plus 2 Mountain Bike Shoe for our first foray into clipless mountain biking. After throwing on our favorite pair of 2-bolt pedals and cleats, these shoes fit firmly to our feet with their dial and hook-and-loop closure. We'll ride with these on our local cross-country loops, being sure to put in a few hard efforts here and there to gain some added fitness. The shoes are infinitely more responsive than our old flat shoes, and the amount of control we're adding to our bike changes the ride completely.
- Entry-level shoe that performs on training and race day
- Synthetic upper is strong and resists tears
- TPU midsole is stiff while transferring watts to the pedals
- Speedlight 3D sole stays comfortable for the long haul
- Aggressive tread pattern for the occasional hike-a-bikes
- BOA dial with hook-and-loop closure provides secure fit