Why We Like The AIR 9 RDO 2-Star SX Eagle Mountain Bike
Destined for crushing miles of rolling singletrack and toeing the line on race day, the Niner Air 9 RDO delivers blistering acceleration and nimble handling for ripping across forest networks and blowing the doors off the competition. Winning doesn't have to cost a fortune though thanks to the SX Eagle drivetrain and 100mm FOX fork that gives you equal performance as higher-end builds while leaving enough cash in your pocket for race entry fees or road trips to epic riding destinations.
As with Niner's other RDO offerings, the Air 9 RDO is constructed using Niner's Carbon Compaction System (CCS), which gives Niner complete control over tube wall thickness across the frame. This makes for tube walls that are virtually perfect, reducing the amount of material required and eliminating excess resin build-up. The result is a claimed weight loss of 10% over previous generations of the Air 9, an impressive feat for a bike that was already light and peppy to begin with.
- Blistering rocketship for XC racing and riding
- Modern XC racing geometry with improved handling
- RDO carbon frame is exceptionally light and stiff
- 12 x 148mm Boost axle spacing for rear-end stiffness
- 100mm FOX fork dampens vibration when trails get rough
- 27.2mm seatpost for greater compliance at the back of the bike
- SRAM SX Eagle 12-speed has a gear for every pitch
- Clears up to 2.3in tires for added traction, bump compliance