When your girlfriends manage to talk you into running an ultra in the Nevada desert in a few months, take a cue from a certain female ultrarunner and get yourself the Nathan VaporHowe Hydration Vest. Whether you know Howe's race results already or have never heard of her, this vest she helped create will keep you hydrated on your most punishing training runs.
As the miles stack up in your training schedule, you'll find yourself sipping out of the two 12 oz ExoShot soft flasks more and more, especially since the included straws let you keep them in the vest's pockets. When aid stations prove few and far between on a training race, you'll be grateful the vest accommodated the 1.5-liter resevoir you filled before you set out. Contoured to fit women's torsos, the VaporHowe's adjustable sternum straps prevent nonstop bouncing from threatening your sanity during a 20-mile training run, and its wealth of pockets keep your arrangement of gels, chews, and other sugary mid-run fuel quickly accessible so you're well-fed from training days to the big race.
- Ward off dehydration on your longest runs in this vest
- Cut to fit like a shirt with stretchy, breathable fabric
- Adjustable sternum straps deliver a customizable fit
- Includes 2 12oz soft flasks with straws for hands-free sipping
- Rear accommodates a 1.5-liter bladder sold separately
- Front storage pockets fit an iPhone 6 and plenty of snacks
- Reflective accents help you stay visible on evening runs