Ribbon SL 29 Boost Fork
The Ribbon SL 29 Boost Fork is a short-travel specific version of MRP's award-winning Ribbon fork. By limiting the travel to 130mm max, MRP was able to lighten the chassis and reduce the oil volume in the damper. After some additional tweaks, they managed to get the Ribbon SL to weigh in at just under 4 lb, an impressive number for a fork that retains the stiff-tracking 35mm stanchions and much of the same adjustability as its proven older sibling.
The Ribbon SL comes in 120mm or 130mm travel options, but is internally adjustable anywhere between 110 - 130mm through a fairly simple procedure, allowing you to play around with different travel settings on your favorite steed. It also comes in both 46mm and 51mm offsets, making it a great option for a huge range of trail-slaying, short-travel 29ers such as Yeti's SB100, a Santa Cruz Blur or Tallboy, an Ibis Ripley LS, and many more.
Like the Ribbon, the Ribbon SL uses the FulFill air spring with independently adjustable positive and negative chambers, which is ideal for the rider customizing their fork's operation and feel to near-obsessive realms. Whether you need it to be smooth and supple off-the-top or incredibly supportive, the Ribbon SL can do it with its independent chambers. You can also adjust the air spring's ramp-up via the Huck Puck system, should you finding yourself needing more bottom out support. Another cool feature we're glad MRP included on the Ribbon SL is the PSST valves, which lets you bleed unwanted pressure build-up in the lowers at the press of a button, compensating for drastic changes in elevation and temperature that can mess with the operation and feel of your fork.
- A lighter, short travel version of MRP's renowned Ribbon fork
- Independent positive and negative air chambers for tunability
- New bladder-free damper with a low-pressure IFP for sensitivity
- PSST valves bleed air trapped in lowers at the press of a button
- Boost spacing and 35mm stanchions for stiff, precise tracking
- Adjustable air volume via the Huck Puck system
- Clearance for up to 29 x 2.5in tires on 35mm ID rim
- Available in 46mm or 51mm offset to fit many short travel 29ers