Why We Like The Ribbon Coil 29 Boost Fork
With major manufacturers focused on air-spring technology, MRP introduced the Ribbon Coil 29 Boost Fork to show us that their well-received, air-sprung Ribbon wasn't the only fork that deserved recognition. The Ribbon Coil's list of features are nearly identical to the air-sprung Ribbon, and include adjustable compression, rebound damping, spring preload, and even MRP's Ramp Control technology. The same chassis features 35mm stanchions and the distinctive Outcast arch design as well to prevent mud from building up in those little pockets. With the updated Ribbon comes ChocoLUXE internals and Norglide bushings that together reduce the fork's overall friction by 37% compared to first-generation Ribbon forks, which translates to better small-bump compliance and smoother progression through the travel.
The Ribbon Coil comes with soft, medium, and firm springs to dial-in fork travel based on your weight. Once you've installed the proper fork, a lock nut on the spring rod assembly can be moved to increase the amount of travel. This may be a coil-spring fork, but a small amount of air remains in the lower leg that's adjusted using MRP's Ramp Control technology to change the size of the opening that the air passes through. The combined effect from the installed fork and tuned suspension is smoother, more consistent performance, as well as increased durability of the internal components.
- The MRP Ribbon receives a coil-spring update for all-mountain rides
- ChocoLUXE internals, Norglide bushings reduce friction by 37%
- Soft, medium, and firm springs tune the fork's travel with ease
- EssenTTial twin-tube damper reduces friction with low-pressure IFP
- Ramp Control system dials in the fork's bottom-out progression
- Fork travel adjustments occur in 1mm intervals without added tools
- Midweight yet versatile chassis gives you the best of both worlds