Ribbon 29 Boost Fork
Updated for 2020, the MRP Ribbon now features ChocoLUXE internals and Norglide bushings that together reduce the fork's overall friction by 37% compared to first-generation Ribbon forks. This means better small-bump compliance, smoother progression through the travel, and ultimately a faster fork. It remains the most adjustable fork on the market thanks to the FulFill air spring with independently tunable positive and negative chambers, and the EssenTTial twin-tube damper with compression, rebound, and ramp control adjustments. It also happens to be one of the lightest options in the trail bike category, coming in at just over 4lb while still providing a stiff chassis that tracks well over rough terrain.
Taking a closer look at the changes to the new Ribbon, it starts with the ChocoLUXE internals we mentioned above. This proprietary material is highly-resistant to temperature or humidity changes and is also extremely low friction. Additionally, MRP uses Norglide Bushings from Saint Gobain. These metal-reinforced, self-lubricating bushings are coated with a low-friction PTFE compound. The combined effect from these changes is smoother, more consistent fork performance, as well as increased durability of the bushings and internal components.
- The MRP Ribbon gets updated with lower friction components
- ChocoLUXE internals, Norglide bushings reduce friction by 37%
- FulFill air spring lets you tune positive and negative chambers
- Twin-tube damper reduces stiction compared to bladder designs
- Ramp control lets you tune the fork's bottom-out progression
- Lightweight yet stiff chassis gives you the best of both worlds
- Cassette tool interface along top cap for servicing ease
- Boost spacing clears 29 x 2.6 and 27.5 x 3.0-inch tires