Raven 29 Boost Fork
MRP's Raven 29 Boost Fork is modeled after their plush, lightweight, and highly-adjustable Ribbon fork and offers about the same level of performance. But by omitting a few adjustments and moving to a thru-bolt axle instead of one with a quick-release handle, MRP manages to offer the Raven at a considerably lower price point. You'll still enjoy the refined twin-tube damper that employs an IFP instead of a bladder to reduce stiction while improving consistency and reliability over long-term use. The FulFill air spring with independently adjustable positive and negative chambers remains the same too, letting you tune the air spring for a super supple feel off the top, or for a more supportive setup that rides higher in it's travel. Even the chassis remains the same, with stout 35mm stanchions and stiff lowers that keep your front end tracking in even the roughest terrain.
A primary difference between this new Raven and the top-tier Ribbon is that the Raven omits the Ramp Control cartridge that allows you to adjust the air spring's progressivity on the fly, instead opting for thread-in volume spacers known as Huck Pucks. You can still increase or decrease the fork's bottom out feel with the Huck Pucks, it's just not as quick or convenient as Ramp Control. The other main difference is the loss of the PSST valves that allow a quick air bleed of the fork lowers to release unwanted pressure build-up caused by changes in temperature and elevation. Despite the lack of these luxuries, the Raven is still well-equipped to rival the performance of top forks on the market, but leaves you plenty of funds for what really matters: spending time on the bike and exploring distant trails to see what this fork can really do.
- MRP's wallet-friendly 29er fork for aggressive trail and enduro
- Offers comparable performance to the Ribbon fork at a lower cost
- Twin-tube damper reduces stiction for more consistent performance
- Air spring allows independent adjustment of pos and neg chambers
- Can install Huck Pucks to tune the bottom out control
- Burly 35mm stanchions and stout lowers improve torsional stiffness
- Adjustable travel between 120 - 160mm in 5 or 10mm increments
- Available in standard 51mm offset, or shorter 46mm offset